Does netcup offer an SMTP service?

• You have to setup a mailserver yourself

He wants to express: There is no smarthost for this use case. If you don't want to use a mail service on your current VPS, you can always book another VPS that fulfills this purpose. In that case please be aware, that you should comply with all necessary standards and also take part in Microsoft JMRP and alike.

• Thanks all. For now I have a free account on an SMTP relay elsewhere.

Yeah, you can normally use every free mail provider that offers SMTP...

Just configure e.g. msmtp as a local MTA on your VPS and you can easily send mails with your mail account of the free mail provider.

Just another tip from my side: you can also send notifications with a free telegram bot to your phone or computer. I am using such a but for notifiations from my monitoring system, works quite well. ;)

"Denn der radikalste Zweifel ist der Vater der Erkenntnis."

-Max Weber

• Yeah, you can normally use every free mail provider that offers SMTP...

Just configure e.g. msmtp as a local MTA on your VPS and you can easily send mails with your mail account of the free mail provider.

Just another tip from my side: you can also send notifications with a free telegram bot to your phone or computer. I am using such a but for notifiations from my monitoring system, works quite well. ;)

or you could check Pushover. I use it for nearly everything system relevant ??

Meine Produkte: definitiv zu viele, RS, VPS, Domains, Webhosting, ...

• He wants to express: There is no smarthost for this use case. If you don't want to use a mail service on your current VPS, you can always book another VPS that fulfills this purpose. In that case please be aware, that you should comply with all necessary standards and also take part in Microsoft JMRP and alike.

Eventhough the original question is solved, just a few words about Microsoft:

Microsoft will block your server sooner or later because someone else in the same /24 subnet may have a problem with spam and Microsoft will the block the whole subnet and not just the single IP address of the server.

When you sign up to the JMRP (Junk Mail Reporting Partner Program) and SNDS (Smart Network Data Services) this will not help you either - you will then just be notified when your server get's blacklisted. But getting the server out of the blacklist again will always take a couple of days or even weeks and usually this will only last for a couple of weeks or months before blacklisting starts again.

Therefore you should not run your own mailserver to send e-mail to Microsoft domains at all (hotmail.com, hotmail.co, hotmail.co.uk, hotmail.net, hotmail.dk, hotmail.se, hotmail.fr, hotmail.it, hotmail.de, hotmail.org, outlook.com, outlook.org, outlook.co, outlook.de, outlook.eu, live.com, live.co.uk, live.org, live.de). If you want to run an online shop etc. and need to send e-mails to your customers then get an account at Mailjet, Sendgrid, Postmark etc. and use their services to send mail for you. These services also offer integrations to Postfix, so you can still have your own mailserver to receive mail but use the SMTP provider for you transactional mails to customers.

• ...and don't forget to encrypt confidential eMails when using SMTP-Relay ;)

• ***ausgrab***

Macht das Sinn? Ich habe jetzt öfter gelesen, man sollte den Emailserver getrennt vom Anwendungsserver betreiben. Aber ohne Begründung wieso ?!

Gruß, Kris

RS 3000 G9.5 SE auch genannt OST22 L - 24 GB RAM, 8 Kerne, AMD Epyc, 960 GB SSD

Webhosting 8000 SE BF22

• Da du mich hier zitierst:

Ich mache das ja einzig und allein, weil ich keinen eigenen Mailserver betreiben will. (Das Leben ist auch so schon schwierig genug ;))

(Abgesehen davon ist das zitierte auch nicht mehr aktuell. Ich nutze mittlerweile andere Anbieter als relay :) )

• Warum das? Sind die webhosting Tarife von Netcup nicht gut genug? Haben sie vielleicht die gleichen reputationsprobleme wie die (IPs der) vserver?

Steh nämlich gerade vor der selben Überlegung

hab bis jetzt keine gute Erfahrung gemacht - hatte zwischenzeitlich Mailcow selbst gehostet hier … unabhängig vom Problem mit den IPs war es mir den Aufwand nicht wert.

Kann die grüne Mailbox aus Berlin empfehlen, wenn es ums reine mailhosting geht unschlagbar 👌

Meine Produkte: definitiv zu viele, RS, VPS, Domains, Webhosting, ...

Danke 1 Gefällt mir 2
  • Werd ich wohl auch jetzt tun. Hab mich lang genug mit dem eigenen Mailserver rumgeschlagen ^^ und ein VPS den ich nur dafür nutze kostet letztendlich genau so viel (und mit der Promo die die gerade fahren, gibts das erste halbe Jahr auch noch umsonst :thumbup: )

• Kann die grüne Mailbox aus Berlin empfehlen, wenn es ums reine mailhosting geht unschlagbar

Ich steh aufm Schlauch, kannst du das genauer umschreiben? Reicht laut regeln auch 1-2 Buchstaben zu tauschen

VPS Secret • VPS 200 G8 • 4x VPS piko G11s • 2x RS 1000 G9.5 SE NUE • RS Cyber Quack • VPS 1000 ARM G11 VIE

c@compi.moe