How To Set Up CentOs and

• Remove the -s (silent) flag from cURL and retry it without the pipe to Bash...

Random idea: You've not configured the network interface?

And maybe it's better to use SSH instead of VNC.

"Wer nur noch Enten sieht, hat die Kontrolle über seine Server verloren." (Netzentenfund)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von KB19 ()

• It's your server and you're the (responsible) admin. You should know how to do that...

(If not: RTFM. Or shutdown the server and cancel the contract.)

"Wer nur noch Enten sieht, hat die Kontrolle über seine Server verloren." (Netzentenfund)

Gefällt mir 1
  • It is again one of these situations we had several times in the past.

You have obviously absolutely no clue how to set up and administrate a Linux Server. It is not only configuring the network and executing a shell script. You have to perform a comprehensive setup in terms of security and safety: Firewall, attack prevention, WAF and so on. YOU are responsible for the server, also in financial and legal sense, in particular if the server is hacked and used to cause any damage. YOU will be punished for any misuse of your server, regardless of what has caused it.

Besides that, maybe other Netcup customers are being affected, in case your faults cause the Netcup subnets are put on any blacklist. Read the threads regarding Microsoft Mail problems here in the forum, these problems have been caused by customers like you!

Are you really sure you want to operate your own server? Do you have the knowledge to ensure a safe and flawless operation? And no: The server is not safe out of the box. There is a lot of work to be done in order to ensure this. To give you an impression: My server blocks currently around one unwanted access per second. Port scanners, PHP Attacks, Application Level Attacks. More than 300 in a five Minute period. So your server WILL be hacked in cases you are doing nothing against it.

• Hay,

not to be offensive - but the tool you mentioned says it delivers PHP 7.1 instead of 5.6 (because it is 5 times faster).

For the others: this script seems to "fully set up" a VPS and "secure" against attacks. And that is the point here...

7.1 was published in 2016 and is outdated and unmaintained after at least 2019. Even security fixes for 7.2 (since 2017) were ending in 2020. So, I guess, the script was released around 2016/2017. There are severe security issues between 2017 and 2022: just to mention openssh heartbleed, spectre bug...

CU, Peter

Peter Kleemann // https://www.pkleemann.de // +49 621 1806222-0 // Kann Programme, Internet, Netzwerke und Telefon.

Gefällt mir 4
  • Why are you making such a negative comment? I am a student intern my first day and I choose the highest plan in netcup and paid in full. (This money I earn by working in the pub) ...if you don't help me, don't say bitter words. it can hurt others, just as others hurt you with words...

• Why are you making such a negative comment? I am a student intern my first day and I choose the highest plan in netcup and paid in full. (This money I earn by working in the pub) ...if you don't help me, don't say bitter words. it can hurt others, just as others hurt you with words...

I don't see how your source of money has anything to do with this.

And I don't see any harsh comments.

You are renting a server with a direct 2.5 GBit/s connection to the internet. Handling this, protecting the server against attacks, requires a lot of responsibility and knowledge.

Usually one would train how to use Linux in a protected environment, like a virtual machine on your own computer, or something like a Raspberry Pi.

Your stuggle with setting up network (without reading the documentation provided by netcup and CentOS) may lead to the impression, that this product might not be right for you. After all you are requesting our help here, which we all do in our time off.

This has been communicated very respectfully and in a kind manner. We don't want to disrespect you.

Maybe you would understand more by reading this: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

If you don't want to accept that, unfortunately you are on your own - at least in this board.

Good luck.

• Allow SSH connection and run scripting

Thats exactly what I meant. Your settings are the worst case in terms of security. And how have you configured your firewall? Be aware, that all server sockets of your system are now completely open in the internet. As I said: 300 Attempts in a 5 minute period. Start a tcpdump and take a look yourself if you don't believe me.

• This is one of those situations I had in mind when I opened the thread about blocking port 25 by default.

Meine Minecraft-Plugins auf SpigotMC (Open Source): www.spigotmc.org/members/mfnalex.175238/#resources

Discord: discord.jeff-media.com

Danke 1 Gefällt mir 1
  • There is a rule "accept all" for all protocols and all IPs. And it is before the reject rule. And default policy is "accept". ;(

Your server is wide open on all ports and completely reachable for everyone without any constraint. If it was really not hacked so far, you are a lucky one. The firewall rules are completely senseless in this way.

• Thanks Pro

After transferring data. I will close all PORTs.

Hi I configure like this can be called safe yet?
    pasted-from-clipboard.png
    yum install firewalld

systemctl start firewalld

systemctl enable firewalld

firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=80/tcp --permanent

firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=443/tcp --permanent

firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=22/tcp --permanent

firewall-cmd --reload

firewall-cmd --list-al

systemctl mask iptables

systemctl mask ip6tables