Lagging performance on server

• Hello,
    I noticed that my server performance is lower than it should be and I don't know if I forgot to install something or setup something. Scroll bars on websites and in programs are very laggy.

I uploaded video on youtube to show what I mean:

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• what you are using is a server in a virtualized environment. It does not have any kind of gpu or hardware accelerators connected to it, so you won't get good performance in applications which make use of such accelerators.

• Hay,

what I see in the video is some lazy loading of media, which is not very fast. I don't think, that is the server in the first row (except it is a single core with SAS HDs), you should think about an effective cache strategy (Proxy) or a CDN (Cloudflare). You can test this with the load/runtime analysis in the dev mode of a browser, there are some parameters, which can show some information what is lagging (delivering of the first byte, start transmission, speed etc.).

But there are very much answers possible, from hardware over misconfigurations to CDN...

CU, Peter

Peter Kleemann // https://www.pkleemann.de // +49 621 1806222-0 // Kann Programme, Internet, Netzwerke und Telefon.

• Hay,

okeeeeey... so you are using your server as a desktop, not as a webserver?

CU, Peter

Peter Kleemann // https://www.pkleemann.de // +49 621 1806222-0 // Kann Programme, Internet, Netzwerke und Telefon.

• Your server is fast af.

But you dont use a good vnc. The refreshrate is too low because each frame is transferred as a jpg.

I had the same when I connected to my minimac.

Microsofts rdp is actually quite good as it transfers in vectors instead images. However what you do there is nice for softwaredevelopment but not for mediaconsumption.