Issue Installing Ubuntu Server

• Sorry had a previous post but am unable to reply to it for some reason. I want to install Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS on my server.

I went to the "media" section of the control panel and went to Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS, clicked thru to the page where you enter layout/hostname etc.

After I entered in the details, I get the error:

"Wrong SCP login Password"

I saw the advice about using my Server Control Panel password on that page, but that is not working. I've also tried using both my Server Control Panel username and password, that also did not work (resulted in the same error).

• Sorry had a previous post but am unable to reply to it for some reason.

First of all, you can't answer your original post easily because you haven't linked your forum account to your customer account yet. You can do this directly in the CCP (Customer Control Panel) at the first page. Once you have done this, you can create new posts and topics without having to manually approve them by the moderation.

I want to install Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS on my server.

Why Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and not 22.04 LTS?

I went to the "media" section of the control panel and went to Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS, clicked thru to the page where you enter layout/hostname etc.

After I entered in the details, I get the error:

"Wrong SCP login Password"

Unfortunately I could not reproduce the error you described on my test server. So I think that the problem is somewhere with you.

Unless I enter the wrong password.

I saw the advice about using my Server Control Panel password on that page, but that is not working.

You need to enter your Servercontrol Panel password here to authorize the new installation, not set up a new password.

As TBT said in your other post, it is important that you use your SCP password here, i.e. the password with which you log on to http://www.servercontrolpanel.de

Please note that this is not the CCP password if you use the SCP Auto-Login via CCP.

I've also tried using both my Server Control Panel username and password, that also did not work (resulted in the same error).

How do you get to use your username when the password is asked? Do you copy the password and have copied one character too many or too few? Did you make a typing error?

[RS] 2000 G9 | Cyber Quack

[VPS] 2000 ARM G11 | 1000 G9 | 200 G8 | Secret | A | mikro G11s | 4x nano G11s
    [WH] 8000 SE | 4000 SE | 2000 SE

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Bud ()

• You could also active "simple password mode" in SCP setting, that way it won't ask for your password every time.

VPS Secret • VPS 200 G8 • 4x VPS piko G11s • 2x RS 1000 G9.5 SE NUE • RS Cyber Quack • VPS 1000 ARM G11 VIE

mail@compi653.net

Gefällt mir 1