Windows Network Connection Failed

• Hello all,

I just installed Windows 2019 on my vServer. But after login, it shows that network connection failed, and here's the error message "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver."

pasted-from-clipboard.png

I went to "device manager > Network adapters" and found that there are 9 adapters all named like WAN Miniport (xxx). (Please see the attachment)

pasted-from-clipboard.png

I don't know what should I do now, please help!

BTW in the SCP, my network driver is selected as "virtio".

• I don't know what should I do now, please help!

BTW in the SCP, my network driver is selected as "virtio".

If you use virtio drivers in your setup, you should also provide the corresponding driver medium to your VM. Netcup's Server Control Panel provides such an image called "Windows Drivers/Treiber". Hint: you can "insert" that DVD image at runtime, too. That way, you can install the drivers even during Windows Setup. Just change back to the Windows Install image, when you have finished installing the drivers.

Alternatively, the drivers are available from Redhat at https://www.linux-kvm.org/page…tDrivers/Download_Drivers - among other sources.

• I can also use a differnt networkcard under SCP -> Network

e1000 = Intel Networkcard (the best for Windows 64 Bit)

rtl8139 = Realtek Networkcard (the best for Windows 32 Bit)
    virtio = Networkcard form KVM (the best for Linux / or Windows with network driver)

Instructions are unfortunately only available in German on the Netcup wiki :(

• I'll bet you don‘t want to hear: Just use Linux?

For Windows there is a drivers image, I think, maybe try to use that. And try to change the network card in the SCP. I think windows can't use every type of network card without extra drivers.

Thanks. But the software I want to run requires Windows only....

• If you use virtio drivers in your setup, you should also provide the corresponding driver medium to your VM. Netcup's Server Control Panel provides such an image called "Windows Drivers/Treiber". Hint: you can "insert" that DVD image at runtime, too. That way, you can install the drivers even during Windows Setup. Just change back to the Windows Install image, when you have finished installing the drivers.

Alternatively, the drivers are available from Redhat at https://www.linux-kvm.org/page…tDrivers/Download_Drivers - among other sources.

Noted. Thank you!

• I can also use a differnt networkcard under SCP -> Network

e1000 = Intel Networkcard (the best for Windows 64 Bit)

rtl8139 = Realtek Networkcard (the best for Windows 32 Bit)
    virtio = Networkcard form KVM (the best for Linux / or Windows with network driver)

Instructions are unfortunately only available in German on the Netcup wiki :(

Great tips! Work for me. It's in German, no wonder I was unable to find instructions about this in wiki