vCPU performance capacity

• For a VPS server (e.g. VPS 200 G10s) and for a Root server (e.g. RS 1000 G9.5)

I would like to know how many vCPUs in a given processor (e.g. AMD EPYC 7702)?

What is the difference between a vCPU from VPS and from Root server in terms of capacity (other than the core allocation guarantees)?

• Zur hilfreichsten Antwort springen
  • I would like to know how many vCPUs in a given processor (e.g. AMD EPYC 7702)?

We don't know by how much Netcup overprovisions their CPUs and they most likely won't tell us. A pure VPS host will most likely have way more machines running than a pure RS or mix host. At least that's my guess.

What is the difference between a vCPU from VPS and from Root server in terms of capacity (other than the core allocation guarantees)?

There's no difference except a few more CPU flags for Root servers. The algorithm guarantees you <3% steal and that's about it.

• For a VPS server (e.g. VPS 200 G10s) and for a Root server (e.g. RS 1000 G9.5)

I would like to know how many vCPUs in a given processor (e.g. AMD EPYC 7702)?

For more information see here too.

• Hilfreichste Antwort

Is it possible to get Geekbench scores for each of the VPS?

GB6 Benchmark Test (via YABS) of my VPS 200 G10s running Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS:

Code
    Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 569
    Multi Core      | 882

Those results may vary depending on the activity of other VMs on the same host system, of course.

Another of my VPS with 6 vCPUs gives

Code
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 637
    Multi Core      | 1876

This somewhat older test was run just after midnight some days ago.

With RS, it may also depend on the processor. A recent RS (6 Cores) with AMD EPYC 7702P gave me

Code
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1272
    Multi Core      | 5423
  • fiz

Hat einen Beitrag als hilfreichste Antwort ausgewählt.