Can I buy Storage Space to extend my hard disk

• Without mount - unfournatnaly not , except switching to a server with more space.

For what purpose do you need more space?

Thank you so much. I want more space for database. I used MongoDB database.

I find a solution is upgrade my VPS

pasted-from-clipboard.png

But I have other questions. Please help me answer.

My upgrade server location is the same with current location ?

And my database is safe ?

And Have downtime or not ?

Thank so much.

• yes, I think
    • yes,but better make a backup
    • I don't know

Also you have to manuel expand the drive - you can boot into gpart and can make this through the UI (Rescue System). But I think there a some threads about the topic

For Databases a external drive wouldn't be a good solution, so upgrading is the right solution.

• You could use the storage space with your database if you move it's storage location to the storage space. You cannot add the storage space to your SSD's space. That setup will definitely perform worse than with the database on an SSD of the VPS.

Server upgrades are the easier and better performing way of having more space for a database. Upgrade in CCP, boot from ISO to "GParted Live CD 1.3.0", repartition your SSD, boot system from resized SSD. Everything will stay the same (IP, etc.).

And make REGULAR database and file backups (!). Always!

RS Ostern L OST22 (~RS "3000" G9.5) (8C,24GB,960GB) | RS Cyber Quack (1C,2GB,40GB)

• If you use mongoDB, why not go with sharding? I personally use the storage servers with sharding. MongoDB is limited to 4.x because of missing processor features, but if it's ok for you, that's a lot of storage for a small price.