Can't SSH into server

• I'm new to this.. sorry in advance if I'm not using the right wording.

When I try to SSH into my server from the terminal program on my mac: ssh root@89.58.58.141 the operation times out before asking me for a password. I've previously been able to do this.

When I log into the server control panel, the state of the server is "Started".

I can use the VNC console and log in just fine.

Any idea why I can't use SSH to access the server?

• Hi!

Looks like the SSH port isn't open. I can't reach it either, at least on default port 22.

If you login via the VNC console make sure the SSH server is listening for connections. We don't know your OS but for example systemctl status ssh will show you the status of the service. Maybe you installed a firewall and didn't allow the SSH port?

• Just to avoid, to get yourself into trouble:

Zitat

netcup T&Cs:

In using the services as provided by netcup, the customer undertakes to maintain compliance with the applicable provisions of the law and to refrain from activities that could result in service disruptions affecting servers operated by netcup. The following activities are expressly prohibited:

Operation of mining-services

In case you don't use the server for mining in a flux-network, just ignore my post. :)