subdomain DNS for certbot

• Hi all

I have a domain with Netcup, and I host some small services on my local nas. This works as intended, the NAS handles dynamic dns; and I have setup portforwarding on port80 for my letsencrypt cert.

Sadly everything is behind my belgian ISP router; so I have a mandatory firewall.

Now I'd like a secondary machine on my network; that also needs a letsencrypt certificate. I'm not sure on how to proceed with this:

port 80 for my main domain is used by my NAS; I've setup portforwarding in my ISP router: everything is forwarded to the IP of my NAS.

I thought I could solve it with a dns txt record, but I'm not sure why but it doesn't get saved properly: I go into dns settings of my root domain 'family.be' and add a record '_acme-challenge.subdomain.family.be' and as value the code returned by certbot.

But when I do a nslookup -type=TXT subdomain.family.be I get no result, I also don't get a result with _acme-challenge.subdomain.family.be

does someone know what can be the reason it doesn't work as I expect?

There's nothing running at subdomain.family.be at the moment: I'm just trying to run the installscript and blocked at this step.

• Hilfreichste Antwort

_acme-challenge.subdomain.family.be

Did you enter exactly this in the field "host"?

If yes, only "_acme-challenge.subdomain" belongs in there.

RS Brezn | VPS 500 G8 Plus | 2× VPS Karneval 2020 | VPS Pocket Admin | RS Cyber Quack | VPS 500 ARM

Dieses Gebäude hat mir die Vorfahrt genommen! *hup*

Gefällt mir 2
  • Brtrnd

Hat einen Beitrag als hilfreichste Antwort ausgewählt.