How to use netcup for PLEX?

• Hey all! Very un-techy person here.

Recently wanted to start watching shows and movies on Plex, but I want to add my own shows to my list. Read on reddit that this might be a service that could help with setting up a cloud storage for Plex.

I'd like it if I didn't have to host the files on my laptop but that they would be in the cloud, available even when my laptop is closed or I am not home.

Is there a guide for this anywhere or can somebody guide me through the process? It would be much appreciated!

Specific questions: which plans do i need to look at? what would be the recommended one? after getting the plan and the storage, how do i connect it to plex? is there a chance that i could connect my onedrive to the netcup service, as i already have movies there?

Thank you <3

• Just want to shortly share my experience with that:

I don't host my files on my Netcup-Server because that would be too expensive for me.

I run Jellyfin (which is also a self-hosted Media-Server) on the smallest vServer one can get (VPS200) and then use a Storage Box (BX11) (Not from Netcup but a competitor) which i have mounted (connected as a internet-accessible-drive) on my vServer. I have a folder on the Storage Box in which all my Movies are Stored.

I only recommend that kind of setup for a Plex/Jellyfin Instance for one or two users because otherwise it is not fast enough.

If you get a Server with Netcup that has enough storage for many movies it will be expensive because then it will be a "bigger Server" that also has much more computational power.

So my cost is:

3,25€/Month for the Netcup vServer
    3,81€/Month for the Storage Box
    -----
    7,06€ / Month for the whole Self-Hosted Movies Stuff

I don't exactly how Plex works when not self-hosted, but if you can still add external storage, then you would not need the vServer but just something like the StorageBox which is CloudStorage.

For Tutorials (we sadly currently do not have a Tutorial in Netcup's own Tutorial directory) you could look into https://linuxize.com/post/how-…a-server-on-ubuntu-20-04/ or just the official tutorial https://support.plex.tv/articles/200288586-installation/

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O