Ordering additional domains separate from inclusive domains for external hosting

• I want to order a domain name which will be hosted externally, separate from my webhosting accounts and want to know if the default assigned IP Addresses, DNS and email servers will be different, and not just by pointing different CNAMEs to the shared IP addresses.

When I go through the order process I get the options:

• Assign Hosting
    • Domain Parkers
    • Own DNS Settings

What is the difference between Domain Parkers and Own DNS Settings?

Domain Parkers it seems will link to Netcup's default DNS settings, but not configure services or link to landing pages.

If I set Domain Parkers initially will I be able to convert it to Own DNS Settings which I assume enables me to point to external name servers?

• The only thing domain parker does is setting a DNS record to a generic Netcup placeholder website. You can edit the DNS settings right away, there's nothing else to to do. So basically the two options are the same, domain parker just comes with something preconfigured. :)

• So, to be sure:

You (registrant) want to register a domain from netcup as a registrar and use external nameservers to serve the SOA of that domain/zone.

(=Option 3)

Or are you trying to register a domain through netcup and use their nameservice to point that domain to another hosting provider for uses of web hosting, mail hosting and alike?

(=Option 1)

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O