Will re-imaging a root server delete the snapshots?

• Hello.

I just found out about netcup and I started using the services with a root server.

I set up an admin panel and a dns server on ubuntu, and now I would like to test another solution. I created an offline snapshot, and I would like to install debian os with another panel to test it out.

I'd like to have the option to return to my old setup from the snapshot.

Can I just go to server control panel - media - and install debian from there, or will I lose my snapshot if I do this? Should I download the snapshot?

Thank you.

• Thanks for the reply.

I see that after creating a snapshot if I go to "images" it says "Before setting up a new Image, all snapshots must be deleted." - I understand why you recommended installing from DVD.

Is the snapshot stored on the server disk, or is it with netcup so if the server is wiped the snapshot is not deleted?

• Is the snapshot stored on the server disk, or is it with netcup so if the server is wiped the snapshot is not deleted?

It is stored next to the server disk. So your running disk is a file on there, and the snapshots are other files on netcups disks.

You can install over the running disks with DVD images without touching the snapshots.