Recommended Linux filesystem (ext4 vs. XFS) for VPS and underlying ZFS configuration

• Only recently, I got myself a VPS 4000 G10. Now there are some question regarding the root file system of my upcoming Linux installation.

a) Am I assuming correctly that RAID 10 is already handled for me by the underlying host system? From the guest system I only see a single "hardware" (i.e. actually virtual) hard drive disk.

b) Are there any recommendations whether ext4 or XFS should be use? I assume the underlying host system uses ZFS. Has ext4 or XFS on top of a virtual disk stored on ZFS any known weaknesses, draw backs or disadvantages (let it be in efficiency)?

c) I have read that the block size of ext4/xfs should match the block size of the underlying host fs to avoid efficiency penalties. I assume Netcup uses 4k blocks for ZFS. Is that somewhere documented?

d) Are there other parameters (like the block size avove) that should be taken care of and aligned to the underlying host fs when creating the guest fs?

Bests, Matthias