How to migrate websites from Reseller Webhosting 8000 to a VPS

• Hi,

I'm trying to migrate all the websites I have in a Reseller Webhosting 8000 to a newly VPS.

I have all the backups from the first. And using the tool Backup-Manager in Plesk I have tried to restore them into the new VPS.

However, every time I try to restore a website (as a whole with client, configuration and domain) I got the next error.

"Unable to import file as dump: Import error: You do not have enough privileges to import foreign dumps. It can be imported by your vendor"

How can I migrate the websites from one server to another?

Thanks for any help on this matter.

• It seems to me, that your VPS is equipped with a Plesk license, too. So you are trying to import the previously exported snapshot from Reseller Webhosting's Plesk to your Plesk on your VPS.

In that case, it seems, that you are not importing the data with the correct user or, that your configuration of the Plesk plans show substantial differences to the one on the webhosting.

Since I am not using Plesk now for quite a while (I rather use ispconfig instead), I cannot tell for sure.

There ist always the possibility to manually export databases and file structures for websites and to just copy dovecot's maildirs instead. It may also be useful to reimport mail directly using the IMAP-Protokoll (e.g. imapsync).

It might be easier to just try to duplicate the reseller webhostings settings for your plans. I'd also advise to consult Plesk's FAQ/Knowledge base on their website and to search for your error message there. e.g. https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/o…ing-database-dumps.69538/