on NETWORK

• Hi:

I am a customer from China, I found that netcup's network connection to China seems to be worse.

IMG_20180702_105501.png

When l test it on lg.netcup.net, 15 packets transmitted and 100% packet loss!

IMG_20180702_104828.png

I know that among netcup's direct customers, there are very few Chinese, but the websites created by European customers are likely to serve Chinese people.

So, does netcup have plans to change this in the future?

• Hi,

first you should know that this is a customer to customer forum, don't exepect any help from netcup here. In rare cases netcup will look into topics here and give support.

About your issue, you should give more information like which ISP are affected in your opinion (China Telecom, China Unicom, ..). What I can interpret from your screenshot, I would say ChinaUnicom got some issue, especially in Chongqing, maybe only ICMP is blocked at some point?

Also a ping-result is not enough. You may should consider to provide an MTR, this is much more helpful.

As an example here a MTR to ChinaUnicom fiber in Beijing. Just 2% loss but it happens within the ChinaUnicom network. As you can see (loss increasing at hop 15). I don't see it as an issue from netcup.

• Oh, okay, you are right, I should try to provide more information. thank you very much!

In addition, considerring about contacting with NETCUP from other sources, I am actually very distressed. They only provide an emergency e-mail and I dont't think my probllem is so that urgent. And if I call them, the trans-oceanic call from China to Germany is $2.50 per minute.;(;(;(;(

But now, maybe I can only choose the emergency e-mail.

• They only provide an emergency e-mail and I dont't think my probllem is so that urgent. And if I call them, the trans-oceanic call from China to Germany is $2.50 per minute.

The e-mail support is free of charge, you can use the contact form within the CCP or here.

About the phone support (+49 721 754 0 755 0 - Mon-Fri 10 AM to 6 PM CEST) this is the "normal" support, not the emergency-line.

For cheaper calls I recommend you to use some voip/sip provider instead of your landline. Call rates are pretty low then, especially the netcup service number is a german landline number (not a extra special rate number).

From my point of view, check first on which HOP the loss occurs to check if it's really netcup related.