Beiträge von Skyrider

Awesome, thanks 👍. Only reason I'm asking is because i still own the black Friday server, and I see the same offer is up with the advert kalender. Im outside the 14 days refund, but apparently can still use the satisfaction cancellation for server upgrade reason. Makes me wonder if it's worthwhile to move to the Germany location.

Awesome. I was wondering as all black Friday servers are hosted in Vienna, but the current advert calendar gives you an location option. But makes me wonder if i have to switch if network performance wise it's equally as great as Nuremberg.

I'm only a tad disappointed that netcup refused to cancel my old server 1 month earlier as I signed a 12 month black Friday offer contract. Merely didn't want to pay for my old server seeing I'm paying for a more expensive one.

They had no issues doing so back in 2020.

The server Black Galaxy is apparently preferably hosted in Austria. Unfortunately, having the rest of the structure and the vLAN 2.5 in Germany is of no use. Therefore, my orders will probably be canceled again.8|

So Black Galaxy is a bad deal? :o, consider its location? I currently took it as my old server was on RS 4000, wanted a 8000 but the price was too much. But my 4000 was located in Germany. And the Black Galaxy in Austria.

Sorry, didn't know where to post this.

I've ordered a temp server to test moving over to proxmox, but I no longer need it. And wanted to upgrade my main Root Server in the process. Now I noticed I can cancel with satisfaction or revocation (full refund vs pro rata refund of costs). What exactly is the difference between the 2? I know full refund. Just unsure what the other one means.

Regards,

Skyrider

At least LXC was nice enough to do this networking nat/bridges for you, wish proxmox had these features.

So. I reinstalled proxmox, and currently have the following:

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Set up the NAT to go through vmbr0, which is the host's main IP address and activated the NAT using ifup vmbr1, and restarted the network.

Now I re-created a lxc container using the following:

To use the vmbr1 bridge, and set up a static IP address which is the same as vmbr1 (also tried DHCP to grab its own address from the vmbr1 range). But even then, the internet simply won't work within the lxc container. I have no idea as to why.

There is no firewall active on the system at this time. Disabled it for testing purposes.

I actually have no idea why Proxmox put the main into a bridge, it was automatically picked as default upon installation. Maybe because of how netcup network is set up? My network skills are somewhat still limited when it involves configurations like this. I'll restore proxmox what it was before with a re-install so I can show its defaults.

I actually wanted to edit my post showing the full configuration, but I messed up and it somewhat broke XD.

vmbr0 is using the systems default IP (main host), while vmbr1 is the range I've set for the private IP range for the LXC containers.

I'll share the rest as soon as I can once I've restored it's configurations properly.

As for the LXC container network. I've set it to use the vmbr1 network, and set the static IP address to the same range (and tried DHCP as well). Both were not successful. This is a completely fresh installation. I've only added vmbr1 in the main network to be used for the containers.

I'm wanting to grab VPS 200 G10s (the smallest), as I already own a root server. But I never used proxmox before, so I want to grab a temp VPS to play around with it using:

2 vCores

2GB RAM

40GB SSD (RAID10)

Would there be any problems? I intend only to use Proxmox with containers, so I don't need the VMX flag for the root server.

So I just noticed that 9.5 was made available, with an increase of around 5 euro's more for 200GB more space + 4 more cores (in terms of my current G9). I'm just curious if it's worth it. Hardware appears to be the same still. Shame that if I compare it with a vserver for the same amount of money you get like 500GB more space + way more RAM.

Also.. is this "Traffic flatrate" new? I don't recall this on the G9.