Beiträge von llehirgen

And what would you suggest on the information in the Server Control Panel about the new KVM version available and the suggestion to do a power cycle to activate it? I would appreciate any advice on this matter since I have never encountered this message before. Is a power cycle a safe operation?

Hi,

My Server Control Panel says: New KVM Version available! Please power cycle this instance to activate new improvements.

Is it a safe operation I can make without data loss or other inconveniences?

Also, how can I restart my server? I remember that there was a restart button in the control section of my SCP, but now I cannot find it.

Goodmorning,

today when I logged in the Server Control Panel I was welcomed with the following warning: A storage optimization is necessary. This process can be started under "Media".

What is Storage Optimization? Is it a safe process?

Goodmorning,

today I found my server started with uptime 1 hour 30 minutes, while I am sure it was shut down days ago.

Should I be worried or the server powers on automatically after a certain period of time?

Goodmorning to everybody,

I would like to change the hostname of my root server with 'ubuntu-18.04' instead of 'v3303002220685104720' .

Since I purchased a domain (say fireworks.com), my fqdn would be ubuntu-18.04.fireworks.com

Am I also required to change accordingly the rDNS of the IPv4 in the Network section of the Server Control Panel?

Goodmorning to all of you,

While I was editing my DNS zone, I realized that only 9 DNS records are accepted. However I need 10 of them.

Why is it not possible to create more than 9 records?

Do you have the same restraint or the limit of records can be somehow extended?

I think my server is already configured to use an IPv6 adress, as indicated by my netplan configuration:

Is my server's IPv6 address 3a03:3000:30:66:2244:fall:le96:5012?

In my control panel, my IPv6 addresses are: 3a03:3000:30:66::/64

NOTE: I avoided to use my real IP addresses

I apologize but I am not familiar with IPv6 addresses: why I have more than one IPv6 address?

So if I pick one address of the indicated subnet, I suppose have to add this address in /etc/hosts: is that the only configuration I am required to do on my server side? I wonder if I can omit my IPv6 address in my DNS zone.

Good evening,

I am struggling to create a valid dns zone.

When I added 2 A records for hosts @ and * using as destination my IPv6 address (as suggested me in a previous thread), that address, which is in the form 3a03:3000:30:66::/64, was rejected with the following warning:

Error:

Entry invalid: * AAAA 0 3a03:3000:30:66::/64 No valid IPv6 address specified. Entry invalid: @ AAAA 0 3a03:3000:30:66::/64 No valid IPv6 address specified.

Why is that? Where is the mistake?

NOTE: I did not want to report my true IPv6 address, so I changed some numbers

Good morning to everybody.

I need to add DKIM, SPF, TXT and DMARK records to my DNS zone.

I am required to do this in order to send transactional emails via sendinblue from my web application.

For instance, my DMARC record for "_dmarc.example.com" is:

v=DMARC1; p=none; sp=none; rua=mailto:dmarc@mailinblue.com!10m; ruf=mailto:dmarc@mailinblue.com!10m; rf=afrf; pct=100; ri=86400

Could you please suggest me how to do it?

The DNS zone has 4 sections: Host, Type, MX and Destination.

As far as I have understood, these sections has to be filled in as follows:

Host: _dmarc.example.com

Type: TXT

Destination: v=DMARC1; p=none; sp=none; rua=mailto:dmarc@mailinblue.com!10m; ruf=mailto:dmarc@mailinblue.com!10m; rf=afrf; pct=100; ri=86400

Is that correct?