Beiträge von DrDirector

Thanks Lars - that was it! I didn't use any proxy.

My Antivirus is Bitdefender Total Security and seems like option "Scan SSL" under "Network Protection" was causing this problem!

I got 1 more question about this "CPU Topology". Does this "Socket count" mean that my VPS uses 2 processors, 1 core each? Is it actually better (in performance) than when using 1 socket and 2 cores?

Hello. First of all sorry if English is not allowed at this forum. If this topic breaks forum rules - please delete it.

Yesterday I ordered a Root Server at netcup.eu. So far I love the performance!

I was checking settings in the Server Control Panel at servercontrolpanel.de, and I've got two questions:

1. What is "Settings" -> "CPU Topology"?

By default "Socket count" is set to 2, and "Core per Socket count" is set to 1. Is it safe to change "Core per Socket count" to 2? Will this improve performance or could possibly make it worse?

2. The "Screen" tab doesn't work for me. It displays a black window with "Show Keyboard", "Send CTRL + ALT + DEL" buttons. Is there any additional software which I should install on my server to make it work? I use Ubuntu 16.04, and I installed "

Greetings.