Cannot install an image

• I'm new in netcup and thus SCP. I have a root server and try to install a minimal AlmaLinux 8.x to start with.

I read the wiki for it (I know German).

I used SCP / Media / Images / AlmaLinux 8 minimal and filled the form with some values (partition/hostname/locale/timezone/user).

I tried several times but the process gets stuck at 3/4 and "Weiter" button is disabled (once I tried to remove "disabled" through developer tools but installation failed).

I've been waiting for a couple of hours now...

Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you in advance...

• I read the wiki for it (I know German).

Ich installiere meine Betriebssysteme mittlerweile nur noch per DVD und mit eigener Kickstart-Datei.

Wenn du den Vorgang noch abbrechen kannst, dann würde ich danach sofort eine DVD mit AlmaLinux auswählen und alles über dessen GUI einstellen und installieren.

Wenn du den Vorgang nicht abbrechen kannst, mußt du dich direkt an den Support von Netcup wenden, da hier der Support nicht reinschaut und dieses Forum nur für Kunden wie auch für dich ist, die sich gegenseitig helfen können.

• Oh, thank you...

I read some posts from December '22 and though it was resolved.

I'm currently trying that.

Unfortunately the whole UI has bad UX. These are what I found out initially:

1. You cannot open more than one tab so that you can see/control stuff at the same time.

2. After the install done you have to eject manually (or you go into a loop), an eject button accessible from everywhere (e.g. the left menu) would be very nice.

3. We have a forced power-off but if you pressed another one before (e.g. media eject) they do not work. I had to live a couple of restarts until I could shutdown and eject.

4. As far as I can see, the CD images are default images, with no pre-config for netcub backbone, I hope I can handle this. This was why I wanted the use the "official images" thinking they have such configs...

• Ich installiere meine Betriebssysteme mittlerweile nur noch per DVD und mit eigener Kickstart-Datei.

Wenn du den Vorgang noch abbrechen kannst, dann würde ich danach sofort eine DVD mit AlmaLinux auswählen und alles über dessen GUI einstellen und installieren.

Wenn du den Vorgang nicht abbrechen kannst, mußt du dich direkt an den Support von Netcup wenden, da hier der Support nicht reinschaut und dieses Forum nur für Kunden wie auch für dich ist, die sich gegenseitig helfen können.

Fortunately I could get rid of the loop :)

Knowing that the response time for support can be long, I wanted to ask here for more rapid response. I've been dealing with this for a day now.

Thank you both...

• Danke Andreas, Ich habe es in Betrieb :)

More UX stuff:

5. VNC does not have copy-paste and not even scroll :) I must switch to a local one.

And more importantly the whole block is in UCEPROTECTL3 blacklist!

Good that I'm not dealing with e-mailing with this instance...

• And more importantly the whole block is in UCEPROTECTL3 blacklist!

Good that I'm not dealing with e-mailing with this instance...

Unfortunately, this problem is known at netcup, which is why many have their emails running at another hoster.

[RS] 2000 G9 | Cyber Quack

[VPS] 2000 ARM G11 | 1000 G9 | 200 G8 | Secret | A | mikro G11s | 4x nano G11s
    [WH] 8000 SE | 4000 SE | 2000 SE

Traurig 1
  • Unfortunately, this problem is known at netcup, which is why many have their emails running at another hoster.

I also use Amazon services in other servers where I do send e-zines.

But that particular blacklist is very bad because it sticks, if people use the servers for junk mail, all of them will go to SPAM folders anyway, very counter-productive, and hard to understand.

IMHO, root servers are a bit like premium stuff, those ranges should be monitored and mis-users should not be renewed.

Very sad...

• 5. VNC does not have copy-paste and not even scroll :) I must switch to a local one.

They use Apache Guacamole - I don't think that they'll switch it any time soon.

Most of the time I setup ssh there and continue with SSH for Copy & Paste.

And more importantly the whole block is in UCEPROTECTL3 blacklist!

The UCEProtect list isn't a serious list. You can ignore it.

• I also use Amazon services in other servers where I do send e-zines

Years ago I rented a small VPS for 1 euro in DE and US from a provider in 56410 Montabaur from DE for sending mail. And it can also deliver e-mails to Microsoft users without any problems.

The great thing about it is that this provider has not yet adjusted the price of the two small servers, although a Plesk license without domain limits is included.