Error Windows 2019 Help pls

• I haven't watched the video, but - did you also read the part in netcup's terms and conditions, saying that you're personally responsible to properly secure your server etc, and that you're furthermore 100% liable to any damages caused by you not doing this properly?

I don't understand what it has to do with our topic, am I doing something wrong?

• Hay,

I don't understand what it has to do with our topic, am I doing something wrong?

If you can't install a basic windows server successful, someone (including me) is suspecting your server will not be safe enough against attacks/hacking. It affects your network neighborhood negatively, so a whole network segment can be rocket-launched into a blacklist because of your server.

That is highly related to the topic and it is a serious concern.

Cu, Peter

Peter Kleemann // https://www.pkleemann.de // +49 621 1806222-0 // Kann Programme, Internet, Netzwerke und Telefon.

Gefällt mir 6
  • I absolutely agree with CmdrXay (and the others). You are making every beginners mistake there is.

I‘m pretty sure your password is not safe enough and you are changing every knob you can find until your software finally runs.

And in the process you won‘t know what you changed and how many security holes you‘ve opend.

Did you know that there are millions of automated programs out there which are scanning every possible ip address (yes, also yours right know!) for security problems?

And if they find a wrong configuration or a weak password they get in and turn your server into a new home for criminals.

You will ger notified of this, either by getting the server blocked or by a letter from the police. And chances are hight that the next letter will be how much you'll have to pay as a fine or to make up for the damage your system did to other systems.

And yes, you are fully responsible for everything a hacker/spammer/cracker does with your system, also when you only switched on the "allow anonymous RDP access" for a split second just to test.

So maybe it‘s best to start from the beginning: What is it you want to achieve and why do you think you want to take the risk to configure your own server for that?

PS: We don‘t want to annoy you, we want to help you!

PPS: And if you don‘t license windows the right way (which is not possible on a netcup system or very expensive) there will also be the chance that Microsoft will come for you. That won‘t be cheap either!