Activation time

• hi,

apologies if this is not the right place to post.

I've ordered a server on the 26th of January, and supplied the proof of address and identity as requested (first time ever asked to do this by a private company).

After one week from the date of my order, I tried to phone and was told just "to be patient". The operator sounded everything except friendly.

So, I have now no idea what the status of my order is.

Is this the level of customer support I have to expect going forward?

• Dear whitenoise,

Thank you for your message.

Under certain circumstances, we have to perform additional verification steps on the first order of a new customer for legal and safety reasons. I am sorry that you have been affected by this and therefore have not yet received your ordered products. I have found your messages to our support team and they will reply to you as soon as possible.

• I've been contacted eventually, and had to send my proof of address once again.

I've now paid the invoice and waiting for the service to be online.

As a former owner of a small VPS provider, I would suggest a few changes to your order flow.

Imo, this should the right user flow:

- user selects a service and pay

- at the same time, user signs up to your user panel and sets a password. (currently you are sending the password via email, which is unsafe).

- in the admin panel, the order is shown as paid but pending activation, if you need to carry out identity checks.

- give the user the possibility to securelly upload his/her documents from inside your control panel.

- order is set to active once the identification procedure is complete, and the service is provisioned and brought online.

- improve your support response time

• i am only able to talk about my verification. It was one day before cristmas because my old provider had many Problems, an i got the call on 23.12 and the service was up on the same day.

All your suggetions, i can agree, small changes in the system, but the a lot comfort for the enduser. Also less questions to the support.

• Just another couple of suggestions (my server is now active):

- you should force a change of root password at login. I know it's advised in your welcome email, but it's good practice to force it if you send out by email.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 365 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O