Q: VAT for non-EU customers

• I'm about to order a root server to host some websites and applications I develop. I'm a freelance developer (no company) and do not reside in an EU country.

What are your rules regarding VAT in such a case?

• Interesting question. I have the same concern too. I'm not from Europe either and just only an individual player, so what exactly do I need to provide to prove it? There is no such thing as a personal VAT-ID in my area, only a personal tax code :/

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

I can provide some current information about the removal of VAT in the following. Obviously, this might change for legal reasons at any time and for this reason I recommend you to contact our support team, if you want to make sure that this is still current and that it applies to you.

Within the European Union:

• Private customers have to pay the VAT of their home country.
    • Business customers can have their VAT removed, if they provide their VAT-ID (USt.-ID) during the ordering process (it is possible to enter this during the order as a new customer on our website). In case this number is not provided, it can be added later on by contacting our support team at mail@netcup.de.

Customers outside of the European Union:

• Private customers may have their VAT removed by contacting our support team at mail@netcup.de.
    • Business customers can have their VAT removed, but need to provide a copy of their business license to our support team at mail@netcup.de.

Please note that there may be exceptions to the above mentioned rules. We will individually check each request for VAT removal to comply with the current applicable laws and the above does not guarantee VAT removal.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 365 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O