bash yum not found

• Please take it slow... ;)

Welcome to this forum first of all! :)

May you can tell us, about which product we are talking and which operating system you are using?

Whats your plan - what do you want to achieve? May you can explain it a little bit more detailed?

"Denn der radikalste Zweifel ist der Vater der Erkenntnis."

-Max Weber

• How to install yum and everything it consists of?

yum is the package manager of CentOS. In order to use yum you need to install CentOS.

The netcup servers come with Debian as their default. You can install another OS though.

And after that should i put them in cdrom and install it through console?

The cdrom folder you've found is from the place where you can upload ISO images to the SCP via FTP.

The FTP credentials you are seeing there, are not the credentials you are looking for.

You are looking for SSH access to your machine, but I guess you need a bit more time to navigate thru the Linux operating system.

A live system inside a datacenter is not a good environment to learn about Linux.

• Thank you very much! Sorry for being unsocial at this one! Yes i am new and trying to learn. Yes i use Debian on VNC Console. Of course i can. I have 2GB and my plan is to make my VPS host Counter Strike 1.6 Servers. I need to install Swift Panel, but thats in the end. Im trying to figure it out by my self all steps i need to do. If im not wrong i have to first have those yum commands but before them CentOS first.

• If im not wrong i have to first have those yum commands but before them CentOS first.

Thats correct. the ISO you will need for this installation can be found easily in the SCP. :)

Well - it is also possible to install yum on Debian. But this could by really dangerous and can destroy your operating system. So i suggest a clean new CentOS installation to you. ;)

-Max Weber

• You can just select the correct iso image in the servercontrolpanel. The most often used iso images are avaible. You dont need to upload anything.

"Security is like an onion - the more you dig in the more you want to cry"

• You can find the correct ISO File in the SCP. There is no need to manually download and upload the ISO File manually.

Via SFTP you can normally directly connect to the server with your normal user data for SSH.

But this requires you of course to install and setup the operating system on the server first.

-Max Weber

• I installed centOS 8.0

Is that what you mean by installing the operative system?

Sure. CentOS is an operating system - CentOS is the abbreviation for Community Enterprise Operating System. ;)

And since you telled us you need yum, we recommended CentOS to you. :)

-Max Weber

• Just installed CentOS and received new password, although when i enter that password and root as username i cannot login and it says login is incorrect

Do you try login via SSH or via VNC?

my IP from froxlor is not loading anymore

Froxlor was part of the debian installation before - if you reinstall a new operating system without froxlor, you will logically dont see froxlor. ^^

-Max Weber

• May the SSH server ist configured to block root login via SSH. As of security reasons it is strictly recommended to disable the login as root via SSH.

Can you login via VNC?

-Max Weber

• I get login incorrect, maybe i am misstiping something? I write ssh root@194.13.80.159

and then enter and then entering password i've received after centOS installation. And i cannot see anything on my ip address now via browser

• Again. You are trying to login via SSH - and as of security reasons it is possible, that the SSH server on your server blocks this.

I understand that you cant login via SSH - so please try via VNC Console in the SCP!

And i cannot see anything on my ip address now via browser

Do you read my messages? :/

Froxlor was part of the debian installation before - if you reinstall a new operating system without froxlor, you will logically dont see froxlor.

Well - may it is better for you to rent a managed server? It seems that you dont have any knowledge about what you are doing there - thats very risky! As you are renting an unmanaged server, it is yout task to secure this server. If you dont do this, somebody could hack your server and make really much damage on other servers and network infrastructure. And YOU are liable for this, YOU will pay e.g. loss of earnings to the server owner, that the hacker attacked with YOUR server!

-Max Weber

• Sorry, here is 01:30AM! I did it with scp. I understood everything, you helped me with everything and i actually had no troubles, but my tiredness. I connected succesfully to sftp and to scp root and i relaly appreciate your help.

• Just one more little hint. If you have CentOS 8 in use, you should use "dnf" instead of "yum". "yum" is still possible, but it makes sense to use the modern package manager directly. And that is "dnf" in this case.