Cannot figure out how to import backup image.

• I've had a terrible mistake with my vps which i have paid 80 euros for a backup image that i currently haven't been able to install for more than 24 hours.
    I have the image on my FTP server and when installing it on my VPS the VPS is going completly dead, can't connect with SSL or the SCP CONSOLE.

Since the support isn't answering me currently i've decided to ask here.

• Could you describe you problem a bit more fine-grained?

What kind of a backup image do you have? A snapshot image that you can create in the SCP (.qcow2-format) ?

I thought they cost 1,50€ and not 80€?

What do you mean it is on "your FTP server?"

• Could you describe you problem a bit more fine-grained?

What kind of a backup image do you have? A snapshot image that you can create in the SCP (.qcow2-format) ?

I thought they cost 1,50€ and not 80€?

What do you mean it is on "your FTP server?"

Because the mistake was fully mine it costed me more than 1,5euros. I accidently cancelled the wrong VPS server i owned, Anyways i got an update. I have successfully logged in the VPS trough the SCP console. but it seems like the networking is all bugged because im on a new VPS and it still thinks im on the old one so the networking configuartion is all wrong.
    Is there some automatic proccess to re-configure the networking? I can't even download anything at this point.

And yes its a .qcow2 format.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• First you should check the Network configuration. Its possible that it is static and your server is trying to assign the IP Address of the old VPS... fix the static config or enable DHCP in the configuration.

For checking, just compare the IP adresses of ip address show with the IP addresses in the SCP.

Unfortunately i dont have a RedHat System for testing/reproducing the problem. But for help with the network configuration you can also refer to the redhat documentation.

Another possible issue is a wrong DNS configuration - maybe this and the netcup wiki will help you in this case.

"Denn der radikalste Zweifel ist der Vater der Erkenntnis."

-Max Weber

• Im sorry but you're literally talking chinese to me. I have no idea what this means :/

This is the output i get from "ip address show"

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• This is the output i get from "ip address show"

There you can see, that the main interface of the server (eth0) is DOWN.

So there must be any misconfiguration in the network configuration of this interface. Normally you can try ifup eth0 for pulling the interface UP - but this will only work, if the interface is configured correctly.

I GOT SSH

So now the ip address show command is showing the eth0 interface as UP? Is the interface also coming UP after a reboot?

Im sorry but you're literally talking chinese to me. I have no idea what this means

Last but not least: Im pretty sure that my english skills aint that bad, that you cant understand me - if not, feel free to critize them. ;)

If you are not familiar with server administration, you should really consider about renting a managed private server instead of an unmanaged VPS.

At a unmanaged VPS it is your task to secure/harden the operating system and the applications - so you are also responsible for the server and liable for any damage that will be done with the VPS, if it would be hacked.

And a interface with 1 GBit/s upload/download is really dangerous with direct connection to the internet - just think about what will happen, if for example a hacker is starting a DoS attack from your server.

"Denn der radikalste Zweifel ist der Vater der Erkenntnis."

-Max Weber