Root password not working

• Two ideas what to check:

1. CentOS has disabled root-login via SSH by default. So that can't work. Use an unprivileged user to login via SSH instead and change then to root.
    2. If you're trying to login via SCP VNC-Console check your keyboard layout by typing the password as "username" in the login screen to see if all characters are typed correctly.

If both methods wont work there's no way we can help you and a re-installation should be considered(since you didn't do anything after installation if I understand correctly). The other possible method then is to contact support (but I don't think they store the initial-root-logins...) or to reset root password through the recovery-system.

• Zitat

both methods wont work there's no way we can help you and a re-installation should be considered

You can't help me because why?.. The only change i made was to change debian/floxor with a new CentOS 7 minimal, from SCP image. I did not use my own image, i used SCP images..

Is not my fault the root password is not working, and i never had this issue with Centos7, disable root login..

• This board is from and for customers. I am a customer as well like you and can only provide some solutions for common issues.

That's what I've done. Since you are not even willing to try out what I pointed out to you neither to provide at least the information if you are trying to login via SCP console or SSH you can from now on surely search for a solution without my help.

Nobody in this board ever had other issues with the initial root password but the problems mentioned above. If you don't want our help, don't visit the board.

Try to annoy support with your horrible attitude: https://www.netcup.eu/support/

• I apologize for that :pinch: I taught you are a support staff and this is a support forum board from netcup. Is frustrating because, i did nothing but changing the default OS, from debian to centos7 minimal, and i got this server today, i did not used it before, so you cant say i did something wrong...

• Did you even read the tips Hecke29 gave you? Are you using the VNC screen? Did you try putting your password as username to check that no letters are mixed up?

Meine Minecraft-Plugins auf SpigotMC (Open Source): www.spigotmc.org/members/mfnalex.175238/#resources

Discord: discord.jeff-media.com

• By the way, you can also generate a new root password in the SCP under Access

Meine Minecraft-Plugins auf SpigotMC (Open Source): www.spigotmc.org/members/mfnalex.175238/#resources

Discord: discord.jeff-media.com