IP6 Problems Centos 7

• Hello

Apologies: I cannot speak German, so I must post in English.

I have a Gen7 root server with Centos 7, I'm trying to configure IPV6. I have followed the instructions in the wiki, configured the firewall, and rebooted the server.

I cannot get any IPV6 connection, not even to the gateway.

Attached: ifcfg-eth0 ifcfg-eth0.txt, 50-IPV6.conf 50-IPv6.txt

For the firewall I have firewalld and added ipv6-icmp protocol like so:

The interface looks normal

Code
    ip addr show eth0
    2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP group default qlen 1000
        link/ether da:de:dc:e5:ac:15 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
        inet x.x.x.x/22 brd x.x.x.x scope global eth0
           valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
        inet6 2a03:4000:23:3e::1/64 scope global 
        inet6 fe80::d8de:dcff:fee5:ac15/64 scope link 

The routing table appears to be badly broken

Which results in not being able to ping the gateway

Code
    ping -6 -I eth0 fe80::1
    PING fe80::1(fe80::1) from fe80::d8de:dcff:fee5:ac15%eth0 eth0: 56 data bytes
    From fe80::d8de:dcff:fee5:ac15%eth0 icmp_seq=1 Destination unreachable: Address unreachable
    From fe80::d8de:dcff:fee5:ac15%eth0 icmp_seq=2 Destination unreachable: Address unreachable

The other strange thing is that I cannot traceroute/ping from outside

It seems to me that I should be able to get further than that (I think anexia-it.net is netcup?)

Does anyone have an idea what I can try next? Should I open a ticket?

Many thanks!

• I was using a different address, I changed it to :1 to see if it would help. I've tried another but I still have the same issue.

It shouldn't really affect pinging the gateway (fe80::1) either I think, as that uses the link local address as source.

• It shouldn't really affect pinging the gateway (fe80::1) either I think

You can try to configure IPv6 in the rescue system. (Debian) When you can't ping the gateway here either, you should contact the support.

Tell them you can't reach the gateway and that it won't work in the rescue system, too.

• You can try to configure IPv6 in the rescue system. (Debian) When you can't ping the gateway here either, you should contact the support.

Tell them you can't reach the gateway and that it won't work in the rescue system, too.

I wasn't aware of it, I will have a look this evening, thanks.

• Is anyone familiar with the ticket system? I opened a ticket last week, on Friday evening they asked me to reboot, but my server didn't restart, not even the rescue system starts, so it was down all weekend.

I've emailed this morning and have had no response, but I was replying to my ticket from last week. I'm concerned that if it's been marked closed, or it's in the queue for someone who is not at work this week, it will be missed.

Is it worth me submitting another (new) support request, should I call? Or should I just be a little more patient?

Update: Resolved now

• I have exactly the same problem, I even cannot ping fe80::1 .. all outputs are the same .. what was your solution?

As written before:

You can try to configure IPv6 in the rescue system. (Debian) When you can't ping the gateway here either, you should contact the support.