Why is my VPS hard disk IO read and write only about 35M?

• VPS is a Shared Virtual Server so all Virtual “components” except RAM are shared. Therefore it is possible that high system load of the host system can lead to low performance on the guest system... for guaranteed components and better performance you should buy a root Server!

• VPS是一个共享虚拟服务器,所有虚拟“组件”,除了RAM共享。因此,主系统的高系统负载可能会导致客户系统的低性能...对于有保证的组件和更好的性能,您应该购买根服务器!

那么我可以理解,但是我的朋友拥有相同的VPS g500,价格相同,配置相同,但是磁盘性能不同,而且我用了很多VPS,但从来没有见过磁盘I / O的读写速度只会是50M,甚至Ovz VPS还没有见过这样的情况

FF0CFFFD%4093AC4F25.D3A24C5A.jpg_recompress.jpg

• 那么我可以理解,但是我的朋友拥有相同的VPS g500,价格相同,配置相同,但是磁盘性能不同,而且我用了很多VPS,但从来没有见过磁盘I / O的读写速度只会是50M,甚至Ovz VPS还没有见过这样的情况

FF0CFFFD%4093AC4F25.D3A24C5A.jpg_recompress.jpg

It seems that both systems have a different setup. Look at the "Total amount of swap" for example. yours: 1023 MB others: 2047 MB

• You cant expect the power of a desktop pc from a vps for 3 euros per months ...

I did not expect him to have a good performance.

But at least they can achieve the RAID10 standard.

The current VPS G500 the same price, but Swap different sizes, I / O speed is different, the difference is very large.

Why is this a different treatment?

• raid10标准?如果在一个节点上运行的虚拟机太多,所有的驱动器都变得越来越慢,不管raid级别是多少。其次,你为什么不改变交换?

那意味着过度销售太严重了?

例如,BandwagonHost和virMach这样的卖家。

他们超卖了很多,但不一定他们的磁盘I / O会低至50M / S

另外一个例子是销售一些严重的OVZ型号,但也不一定是他们的磁盘I / O少于100M / S的

如果这样说的话,这个节点上的客户太多了这样的情况,那么出售到什么程度?

• 例如,BandwagonHost和virMach这样的卖家。

Does that mean over-sales are too serious?

For example, BandwagonHost and virMach such sellers.

They oversold a lot, but not necessarily their disk I / O will be as low as 50M / S

Another example is the sale of some serious OVZ models, but not necessarily their disk I / O less than 100M / S

If so, so many customers on this node such a situation, then sell to what extent?

At least I have not seen a VPS installation of an operating system takes more than 20 minutes

• This can take more than 20 minutes because your uploaded iso file is not located on your node, it is located on a network drive that *can* be heavily occupied.

Does that mean over-sales are too serious?

For example, BandwagonHost and virMach such sellers.

They oversold a lot, but not necessarily their disk I / O will be as low as 50M / S

If so, so many customers on this node such a situation, then sell to what extent?

What is that even supposed to mean?

• Hi,
    well I have a VPS 100 G7 SE just for playing araound a bit with Linux. ( And I don't care about performance on that machine and I won't complain. )
    My stats are:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/root/testfile bs=1G count=1 oflag=dsync

1+0 records in

1+0 records out

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB, 1.0 GiB) copied, 83.9543 s, 12.8 MB/s

dd if=/dev/zero of=/root/testfile bs=1G count=1 oflag=dsync

1+0 records in

1+0 records out

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB, 1.0 GiB) copied, 73.3652 s, 14.6 MB/s

dd if=/dev/zero of=/root/testfile bs=1G count=1 oflag=direct

1+0 records in

1+0 records out

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB, 1.0 GiB) copied, 62.452 s, 17.2 MB/s

So less disc io compaired to your stats.
    As already said, don't expect too much from a low cost vps system. If performance matters to you than you should go with a root-server system.