Rescue system mode (root password is wrong)

• To the other issue I do need to login in rescue mode.

For that I go to the SCP --> Media --> Rescue System. Then I hit Enable Rescue System link. SCP immediately generates a root password. Then I reboot server.

But for some reason SSH is disabled by default. To enable it I use VNC in browser and enable it with systemctl enable ssh And even after that I can't login with password generated on step 1.

What did I miss?

• Check PermitRootLogin in /etc/ssh/sshd_config. Maybe it's disabled?

Sure it has been disabled. But I think rescue mode is using special distro, isn't it?

Did you changed the boot option to "boot from network" and then turned your server off and on again?

Yes, network boot is active

• This only "enables" it on the next restart.

sorry, that was typo. I meant start.

Anyway two questions still active.

1. Should it be enabled by default?

2. Why I can't login with root until I manually change the pass. I can provide more details if needed. Maybe even video? But if that really helps.

• I had the same problem yesterday night. The shown passwd was not accepted. A good guy from hackint - webirc gave me the tip to change the password in VNC by passwd root. This was the trick! After systemctl restart ssh in VNC, login via ssh with the new password was then possible from Fedora client.