Root server doesn't start

• Hello all

I am stuck with an issue.

INFO 26-Dec-2022 01:16:51 new snapshot created
    INFO 26-Dec-2022 01:17:29 snapshot exported
    ERROR 26-Dec-2022 02:13:04 ???log.SnapshotExport.do???

Now the root server is in a state of ... broken?
    I tried to remove the snapshot (ERROR), Storage optimization (Storage optimization finished with an error) and start the server (an error occured).

What should I do now? I was thinking of Emergency Support, but since it was me pushing the buttons I am not quite sure if I created this mess or if it is a Netcup error.

pasted-from-clipboard.pngpasted-from-clipboard.png

Apologies for any and all mistakes. I'm a moron. Also, not German 😅

RS 4000 G9.5 VIE SE ADV22 | FreeBSD 14 • VPS 1000 ARM G11 VIE | Debian 12

• Thanks. Problem is that I'm not sure if Netcup is to 'blame' or not. I think I should not be able to break any VM from at least trying to boot by clicking a few buttons in a web interface.

Anyway, I called the emergency support at 12:15 and he 'saw the error' and 'would take care of it'. We're an hour ahead now and the server is still offline.
    I hope he doesn't require me to reply to an email or something, because guess what's one of the things not working with this VM down... my email!

Note to self: don't use an email address to communicate with a hoster, where that address is hosted by said hoster 🤡

• Note to self: don't use an email address to communicate with a hoster, where that address is hosted by said hoster 🤡

yes, that's one of the first lessons everyone with an own email server learns :) don't forget to configure this external email address on your PC / mobile phone, that you have easy access in case of problems;)

• 14:30 Server started

Thank you, Netcup Emergency Support

Now I just wonder if I can make a new snapshot and export it without breaking things. I'll ask Netcup tomorrow, it's not urgent.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Mr.42 ()

Ente gut, alles gut 3