Probleme beim Installieren von Windows

• Hallo,

Bitte vergib mir mein Google-übersetztes Deutsch ...

Ich versuche Windows (Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials) auf meinem VPS zu installieren. Ich habe meine ISO hochgeladen und gemountet und versuche die Installation auszuführen.

* Nach der Installation muss ich die zu installierende Festplatte auswählen. Ich muss Treiber laden, um auf die Festplatte zuzugreifen. Ich habe das Windows-Treiber-Image gemountet und mir dort jeden Ordner angesehen, der unter w2k12r2 \ amd64 gesucht hat. Ich konnte keine kompatiblen Treiber finden. Welchen Treiber sollte ich verwenden?

* Nachdem ich das Installationsprogramm einige Male ausgeführt und versucht habe, den zu verwendenden Treiber zu finden, ist meine Verbindung mit dem VNC-Client unzuverlässig geworden. Jetzt habe ich eine so schlimme Keybounce, dass ich nicht einmal den Windows-Produktcode eingeben kann. Wenn ich "ABC" eintippe, wird etwas wie "AAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBCCCCCCCCCCCC" eingegeben. Gibt es eine Lösung dafür?

Danke,

Gary

• Bitte vergib mir mein Google-übersetztes Deutsch ...

According to this sentence i assume that youre not a native speaker. If you dont want to speak german (or cant) you arent forced to do so. Most people in this forum do speak german, but there is no rule that forbids you to speak english :) I cant help you with your windows driver problem, but I know the VNC problem. Does a firewall or antivirus interact with your browser connections ? This can cause this. If you use kaspersky try switching off web anti virus.

• Not a native speaker of German, no. :) In a quick look I thought most of the discussions here were auf Deutsch.

My AV is just Windows Defender. I *thought* the problem happened at multiple locations, so it couldn't be firewall -- but now that I try it again, I see it doesn't happen at the customer site where I am this week. It was happening at my hotel. Possibly something in the hotel's wifi setup caused the problem. I can do the install here at the customer site so I can get past the product code entry. Danke!

Now, if someone could give me a suggestion for the driver...

• Change the disk driver to ... what? I changed it (under Media -> Local Disk) to the VIRTIO driver and that did not seem to help. I don't care about performance because I expect it to be used only for the install process. Once Windows is installed, it wants to use its own drivers.

I figured the driver on the Windows driver image, but I could not find it. And I do not know what the trick is.

• Hi, you can find the correct driver for Windows Server 2012 R2 on the driver disk in the folder

vioscsi/w8.1/amd64

(That is, with SCSI disk drivers, which should be default).

After loading the driver, don't forget to insert the windows disk again so that you can proceed with the installation successfully.

• vioscsi/w8.1/amd64

(That is, with SCSI disk drivers, which should be default).

Hm. So you don't use the VIRTIO driver?

Back on the keybounce problem: I've been trying to do the windows install from this customer site, and I discovered it DOES still have the problem. It's not as bad as at the hotel -- it bounces 2-3 keys instead of 10-15 -- but it still took me almost 10 minutes to type in the Windows product code. And then I goofed later in the process and had to start over again. :P So does anyone have any suggestions for fixing the keybounce?

• I've now tried the VNC connection from a hotel wifi, a corporate hardwire connection, a corporate wifi, and my phone hotspot. ALL of them have such bad keybounce that I can't even type a license code.

Since it happens on many different connections, I think we can rule out firewall or other connection-specific causes. It may be possible that it's something on my laptop; tomorrow I'll try connecting from one of the corporate PCs. But it seems much more likely to be caused by the VNC connection or the communication inside the VPS, since it ONLY happens when connecting to my VPS. So I need knowledge specific to this environment.

Help?? I can't test the helpful driver suggestions until I fix the keybounce!

• The Problem has already been discussed here:

Please pardon my response in English- but it is my native tongue; my German is quite poor, having only a few months of learning in school many, many years ago :)

The problem is that this VNC instance is really poorly written. Every keypress/etc is literally AJAXified through so it causes a full request/response, which is somewhat strange in implementation, causing very poor bounce detection. It would be nice if NetCup would allow a user to connect to their service with their own choice of VNC product- because Guac VNC is incredibly poor- even when I RDP'd into a nearby-neighbor at Hetz just to try to set a password with less aggravation.

The rest of SCP seems to be well-written for most users; I had to do virtually nothing to figure how things were laid out and designed. It truly is a shame about Guac-VNC.

So I think you can't solve the Problem, just work around it.

Maybe install an Evaluation version and type the Activationcode later via Remote Desktop..

Meine (Netcup) Produkte: S 1000 G7, VPS 200 G8 Ostern 2019, IPs, Failover..

• Hay,

my methode for typing in a bouncing console is to write somewhere else and then c&p 8o via mousebottons if available.

CU, Peter

Peter Kleemann // https://www.pkleemann.de // +49 621 1806222-0 // Kann Programme, Internet, Netzwerke und Telefon.

• Lukay, I didn't realize it was Guacamole. I've used Guac on other systems and it worked exceptionally well. Well, except for one time when another user across the country somehow got his wires crossed with mine, and he ended up typing in MY Guac session!

I thought about pasting, Peter, but I didn't think the copy buffer would paste through the VNC connection. Plus I thought it would bounce anyway. I should have tried it.

But for some reason, this morning it didn't keybounce at all. (!?) I had the VIRTIO driver loaded so I looked under the viostor folder, and sure enough, there was a driver! I swear I looked there before... maybe not with VIRTIO.

So I tried to install Windows on it. This was after I had run gparted and partitioned it with GPT -- which I believe is the default and preferred partition style for W2k12. But the W2k12R2 installer said "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style." ???? So I deleted the partition and let it start over again, and got the install started. Yay!

I went to breakfast while it installed, and now... black screen. Hm. I don't want to just reboot it, because it might be waiting for a response before finishing the install. I haven't installed Windows in quite a while and I don't remember if it does the whole install without any input. I'll let it think for another hour or two and see if it finishes. If not, I guess I start over...

Once I get this worked out, then I just have to figure out setting up Remote Desktop... :)

Many thanks for all your help!

• Should, yes. Didn't. :)

I see two mouse sprites -- my local Windows sprite and the local-echo sprite from Guac. I DON'T see the mouse sprite from my remote Windows system. It's probably hung and I'll have to start over. I'll get to that later today.

• It looks like it hung when it tried to reboot during the setup process. I rebooted and it woke up in the "finishing installation" section.

Then it stopped and complained there was no network connections. I didn't see any network adapters. After some digging I decided the NetKVM driver must be the right one, and it seems to be working OK.

It got almost all the way through the setup -- it showed the final desktop &etc but was still popping up windows to do stuff -- and then it bluescreened. :( I rebooted, and it went into "Getting Windows ready," then "We couldn't complete the changes, undoing changes," reboot, "We couldn't complete the changes," reboot, boot to desktop, run more stuff, "An error occurred while configuring Windows Server Essentials," ... but with enough persistence I finally made it through the install process. I hope the resulting install is clean.

Then, with much less headache than I expected, I set up Remote Desktop ... and I'm in business! No more keybounce, thank heavens....

Question: the network adapter IPv4 address is not fixed in Windows. I see that I can get it on the SCP. Will that be statically assigned by netcup's DHCP server, or will I have to check the address every time I want to connect to it?

Thanks again for all your help!

Gary

• Question: the network adapter IPv4 address is not fixed in Windows. I see that I can get it on the SCP. Will that be statically assigned by netcup's DHCP server, or will I have to check the address every time I want to connect to it?

You can connect to the IP address in the SCP, they won't change. Furthermore, you can change your network adapter configuration from DHCP to static, to be sure that you always get the same address config. You don't need to use DHCP at all.

• Danke. So you're pretty sure netcup would never try to change the IP they've assigned to me? If they do, then they might give my current IP to someone else, and then it would cause a problem if I had set a static IP on my adapter.