Very bad performance with Docker stack (wordpresss+mysql+nginx) in root server

• Hi all,

I have a docker stack (wordpress+mysql+nginx+dnscerbot) tested and working without problems on several systems (ubuntu 20.04 vm, synology nas). When I put this same stack with the same configuration and data in a root server (RS 1000 G9, AMD EPYC™ 7702, 8GB...), I get a very degraded performance serving pages in wordpress... (and very very bad with some of them). I don't understand why this might be happening.

No error or warning logs... inside docker, system or SCP.. everything seems fine. I've tried with several Ubuntu and Debian images (and versions, and kernels), and get same result. This does not seem a docker configuration issue.

I ask this in case anyone has had the same or similar experience when migrating a similar configuration.

Thank you very much in advance.

• Do you have any performance metrics that could help locate the bottleneck?

Client: PageInsights (or whatever Google calls it now) / Browser Profiling => TTFB or transfer speed ?

Server: CPU / Process / Memory / Network?

Netdata can measure the host system and each container individually.

CentOS 7 / nginx / php-fpm / postfix / rspamd / clamav / dovecot / nextcloud running on RS 1000 SSDx4 G8 / VPS 500 G8 / VPS 2000 G8 Plus