How do things work..???

• So, I'm new to this and half of the things are in german and I'm completely overwhelmed. I've rented a vServer and i need to upload files to it. How do I do it? can't login to Debian because I don't know the logins and the email only includes a password? and when i use root as the username and the password from the email i got it doesnt work? and half the times it isnt even typing a password? and for files, do i use ftp/ftps to upload them? what are the logins and url? help pls!!!

• So, I'm new to this and half of the things are in german and I'm completely overwhelmed. I've rented a vServer and i need to upload files to it. How do I do it? can't login to Debian because I don't know the logins and the email only includes a password? and when i use root as the username and the password from the email i got it doesnt work? and half the times it isnt even typing a password? and for files, do i use ftp/ftps to upload them? what are the logins and url? help pls!!!

You'll need to familiarize yourself with the CCP and the SCP* first (the latter allows you to access the console on your server where the provided root password will work) and install vsftpd or the like afterwards in order to be able to use [S]FTP[S] in the first place. The Netcup wiki is written in German, but using machine translation (like the links shown here) might help you out.

* accessible both via the forementioned CCP and at https://www.servercontrolpanel.de/

VServer IOPS Comparison Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w38zM0Bwbd4VdDCQoi1buo2I-zpwg8e0wVzFGSPh3iE/edit?usp=sharing

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von m_ueberall ()

• OK, I've managed to login to my server's terminal.
    Yes it is my first time using a linux server and also my first time using linux without a GUI, so i'm completely out of my comfort zone, but I'm starting to figure things out. thanks yall, I'mma check out your recommendations and write here if i need anything else!