Local Resources not recognised on VPS

• Hi all,

Please forgive if this is easily solved. I am having trouble getting my local resources (webcam and microphone) recognised on the VPS.

I have selected the relevant options in the windows Remote Desktop Client, but when I connect to the VPS they are not available for use. I am running the Windows server for the VPS as I need Microsft based applications on there.

Is there an easy way to overcome this problem?

Thanks so much for your help.

Andrew

• You might want to read the following two articles that should help you in the short term (#1) and assist you in switching to a secure setting afterwards (#2):

1. How To Allow USB Webcam Passthrough RDP Session (there are some further pointers in the comments if it doesn't work as shown)
    2. How to better secure your Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol connections

Depending on knowledge/usage/business case/security requirements/time constraints, you might also want to (re-)consider using specialized service providers which already provide this as part of their offerings (and usually charge more, of course, but take care of patch management and setup/administration).

VServer IOPS Comparison Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w38zM0Bwbd4VdDCQoi1buo2I-zpwg8e0wVzFGSPh3iE/edit?usp=sharing

• Hey man!

Thanks for the reply. I think perhaps it is the last suggestion, taking care of the patch management and the like.. I have tried the above 2 solutions before posting here.

It's very odd... I can get my local headset (earphones/microphone combo) to be recognised but not the camera...

Thanks for your help though!